Saturday, December 15, 2012

Love as a Verb


In light of recent events in Connecticut  and all of the tragedies in the past world over. I've seen all kinds of discussions from religious to anti religious, to law enforcement and parenting, everyone has an opinion and everyone has an idea that will work better than what we are doing.

But whose DOING?

An admission here - I've spent years being angry and bitter that the world 'did me wrong'.  I've been hostile and negative and yelled and screamed that something should be done to end abuse, to end poverty, to end the stigma of the mentally ill.. But I was really only part of the problem.  I was mean and hostile and even abusive at times - and I didn't like myself because of it.

I don't want to be part of the problem.  I can say all day that I want peace, that I want the world to revolve on love - but unless I do my part, unless I act - perhaps I'll continue in the same life I've had.

Love is a verb, it's not a noun.  We are each given a limited amount of time and not told how long that gift will last, and for many yesterday morning.. it ended so incredibly early in their lives.

I don't have the answers, I don't know what can be done to prevent it.. but I do know that today I can make the stand and say I choose to not be a part of the problem, to reach out to those that need it.  One person may not make a difference - but as city, a community, an entire world, every big change starts with something small.

P.S. This is a look I mashed together from stuff I have - some of it's somewhat current but a lot of it's not so I'm not sure if it's still available or not!


Skin - Al Vulo - Eleanor Sons of Flowers (Group gift- FREE)
Eyes - A&M Sweet and Sour Eyes in Apple
Hair - Wasabi Pills - Floppy Hat (From the Zombie Popcorn 3 hunt)
Shirt: Bleh (now Barn Owl) -  Pump Fists
Gloves - Razorblade Jacket - plain black gloves (from a hunt item)
Boots - Whatever Military Boots in Black
War Paint: Yayo - War Paint in Black (Full Body) (Store is closed)
Makeup: [Mock] camoflaging phredre eyeshadow

2 comments: